Monday, June 30, 2008

Best Dam Bike Tour

We did it! On Saturday we got an early start to avoid the heat. Russ, Sarah and I rode together for the first 40 miles. At that point they took the 100 mile route and I stayed on the 75 mile route. I had my best time yet this year. I was done by 1:30 which was perfect because I missed the hottest part of the day and had time to visit some of my favorite places in Logan.


I ditched out of the Sunday ride. I know it's terrible. I just wasn't feeling up to it. Russ and Sarah did complete the 75 mile ride on Sunday.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Awesome! Way to go Ashley, I could never have done a 75 mile bike ride. The shirts look great.

Kimber Bowen said...

Glad you had a good time! You did awesome!

Anonymous said...

Well now you know how to beat your time each year. Just don't ride your bike before you go! I'm so impressed that you can go 75 miles in one day.

Megan said...

Ashley, congratulations on your bike ride. There are a couple serious bikers in my office who do this ride, and I think they're completely sadistic. :)

I came across your blog when I was "blog-hopping", so I hope it's okay if I comment. I haven't seen you since we ran into each other at the U probably six years ago, and not since LDSBC before that! (I have a blog at www.inthebananastand.com with a picture, if it helps.)

I never knew you had such a baking talent. I absolutely love the golf cake.

Anonymous said...

Good looking bike shirts! You did a great job on those.

Melinda said...

Go Ash!! I could never do that! Love the shirts!