Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Little Golf Cake

My little sister, Kimber, asked me if I had any ideas for a golf cake that would be simple to make. Here's one that I created a few years ago. Very little fondant was used for this cake and you could definitely omit it. I used a tip that resembles grass. It's the same process as the car cake I made a few months ago. I made the golf ball out of fondant but you could use a real golf ball instead. The flowers are fondant but it would be cute with real or silk flowers. Maybe add a flag on top for a more complete look.

This cake was pretty tasty. Fondant has a weird flavor to it. Sometimes I prefer a cake with regular chocolate and/or butter cream frosting.

1 comment:

Kimber Bowen said...

Ash, Thanks so much for posting that. I love it, and I think I might even be able to make that one. I just need to find the grass tip. This weekend, will you look at the tips I have and see if I have the right one? Thanks again for posting that cake, I love it and I know Nathan will too. He thought the other golf cake you did was amazing!!! You are so good and so creative!