Thursday, May 29, 2008

Cooking Group Last Night

I went to the fourth cooking group activity last night. The theme was Japanese and Korean cuisine. I originally wanted to make Korean BBQ Short Ribs (Gal-Bi) but I wasn't sure how they'd turn out and I didn't have time to experiment. So I decided to make a salad with ginger dressing. Not very authentic but pretty tasty. Below is the recipe for the dressing, it's supposed to taste like Benihana's.


Hailey gave us a demonstration on rolling sushi. Everyone did a great job and it was sooo good.

Benihana Ginger Salad Dressing

10 min 10 min prep SERVES 12 , 1 3/4 cups
1/2 cup onions, minced
1/2 cup peanut oil (I used canola oil instead)
1/3 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
2 tablespoons celery, minced (I left this out)
2 tablespoons ketchup
4 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Combine all ingredients in a blender.

Blend on high speed for about 30 seconds or until all of the ginger is well pureed.

1 comment:

Karissa said...

I just wanted to say hello... You have a super cute family! How fun!

Take care!
Karissa

thebagleysblog.blogspot.com